'You Care. We Care'.
Complimentary adventures on Crystal shore excursions
empower guests and crew to give back to communities
around the world.
In 2019, Crystal offers two dozen voluntourism experiences for its 2019 ocean voyages.
Offered on most Crystal Symphony and Crystal Serenity sailings, as well as select Crystal Esprit itineraries in the West Indies, the complimentary excursions invite both guests and crew members to give their time and energy to dozens of worthwhile causes around the world.
If you're seeking to connect with destinations on a deeper level, Crystal's nearly a decade of voluntourism shore excursions offer visits to some organizations once a year, and others are visited on multiple voyages, building goodwill and relationships and allowing travelers on luxury Crystal cruises to feel part of the communities where the ships call.
Crystal's teams vet philanthropic projects, identifying those at which participants can make an immediate positive impact. The organizations determine their greatest needs and then the Crystal team works closely with them on how they would like Crystal to be involved.
The contribution of guests and crew is that of time and care, with no financial obligations requested or required. Crystal also provides financial and other needed resources annually to many of the charities visited during “You Care. We Care.” adventures further benefiting the programs and the people they serve.
If you're fortunate enough to be sailing on a Crystal cruise this year, or if you're still planning your upcoming Crystal cruise, here are some of the 'You Care. We Care' voluntourism excursions:
- Assisting at the San Francisco Food Bank, Clatsop Community Action Food Bank in Astoria, Oregon and Mustard Seed Food Bank in Victoria, British Columbia;
- Playing games, reading, dancing and participating in an array of other activities with the elderly and children at the Granitos de Paz Foundation in Cartagena, Colombia;
- Helping to feed the elderly at Mercy Kitchen in Belize;
- Assisting with cleaning and caring for the animals at the Samui Animal Shelter in Koh Samui, Thailand;
- Getting an up-close look at the wildlife at Territory Wildlife Park and joining the conservation team in maintaining the park’s botanical gardens in Darwin, Australia;
- Participating in tree planting conservation efforts to shelter the yellow-eyed penguins of Dunedin, New Zealand;
- Assisting with gardening and other household duties at Domus Christi Home for the Elderly in Dubrovnik, Croatia;
- Assisting with meal preparation or recreational activities at Smile of a Child in Cornith, Greece;
- Helping prepare food and create ceramic artwork with the disabled at the Pio Monte della Misericordia in Sorrento, Italy;
- Learning about the conservation of marine life and participating in the theoretical rescue of a dolphin at the Rehabilitation Center of Prat de Llobregat in Barcelona, Spain;
- Assisting with the work at the Gallinas & Focas home for the mentally challenged, tending gardens and olive groves in Palma de Mallorca, Spain;
- Assisting with groundskeeping at the historic Mount Stewart House & Gardens in Belfast, U.K.;
- Planting trees at the Heidmork Natural Reserve in Reykjavik, Iceland;
- Visiting the Guernsey Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals in St. Peter Port, U.K.
In addition to these shore excursions, through its cruise donation program Crystal supports organizations around the globe with their fundraising efforts. Some of the organizations that the company supported in 2018 include the Susan G. Komen Foundation; The Leukemia and Lymphoma Society; PAWS Humane Society of Broward County; Miami City Ballet; American Heart Association; Coast Guard Foundation; Special Olympics of Florida; Auckland Philharmonic Orchestra; TOKI Rapa Nui School of Music & Arts (Easter Island); Baptist Health; and Camillus House.