Cruises filling up during DDay's 75th Anniversary Year – Book now to avoid disappointment!
Departure Dates April – November 2019
This fabulous river cruise combines time in France’s unparalleled capital of Paris with beautiful scenery along the Seine River and the picturesque and historic sites of Normandy.
Embark on your adventure in Paris and sail to Vernon, where you’ll choose between two exciting guided visits—Claude Monet’s stunning gardens at Giverny or the remarkable Bizy Castle, known as “Normandy’s Versailles.”
Walk on the DDay Landing Beaches on the year of the 75th anniversary of DDay in 2019. Avalon offers an excursion to the historic Normandy Landing Beaches, including Canada's Juno Beach Centre, (pictured top. Image: BestTrip.tv).
In Rouen, best known as the home of Joan of Arc, you’ll go on a guided walk through the medieval quarter and visit the gothic Rouen Cathedral. From Conflans, go on an excursion to the quaint and inspiring town of Auvers-Sur-Oise—associated with several famous artists, including Vincent van Gogh—or visit Napoleon and Josephine’s Malmaison.
On this French river cruise, you’ll enjoy wine, cheese, beautiful scenery along the Seine River, and stops in charming and historical parts of France, but your adventure would not be complete without some time in Paris—one of the world’s most romantic and vibrant cities! The “City of Light” has Notre Dame Cathedral, the Eiffel Tower, and the Louvre Museum with its elegant glass pyramid contrasting its ancient architecture. A guided walk through the historic Île St. Louis with its narrow streets, and Île de la Cité where medieval Paris was founded, will be a delight.
From $3420 CDN per person based on double occupancy, cruise only.
*Avalon offers the opportunity for solo travelers to sail with no single supplement (subject to availability).
Ask us about air included pricing.
(B) = Breakfast (L) = Lunch (D) = Dinner
PARIS, FRANCE (EMBARKATION)
Your day is free to explore the world’s most romantic city before starting your cruise on the Seine. Get acquainted with the City of Lights today with some shopping, strolling, or with a croissant and café au lait to watch the world go by amid the Parisian cityscape.
EVENING/OVERNIGHT CRUISE TO VERNON
(B, L, D)
Monet’s Muses, Castle Courtyards, and Crêpes du Jour
Start the day with a Morning Stretch with your Avalon Adventure Host.
Take a Guided Tour of Giverny, home and inspiration of the master impressionist painter Claude Monet. Walk the grounds and see Monet’s charming residence, and the flower and water gardens captured in his masterpieces, OR:
Join a Guided Visit to Bizy Castle—called “Normandy’s Versailles” for its magnificent courtyard, water garden, and stables.
While sailing, enjoy a traditional French luncheon of authentic French crêpes, followed by a Pastry Demonstration.
This afternoon, enjoy a beautiful cruise to the picturesque town of Les Andelys.
Serenity on the Seine’s Most Beautiful Riverbends
Take a Guided Walking Tour of Les Andelys—one of France’s most picturesque spots on the Seine, OR:
Join a Guided Hike up to the castle ruins of Château Gaillard—historic home of King Richard the Lionheart.
EVENING/OVERNIGHT CRUISE TO CAUDEBEC
(B, L, D)
Churches, Cherry Orchards, and White Cliffs of Normandy
Join your Avalon Adventure Host for a Morning Jog in Normandy’s town of Caudebec.
Take a Guided Trip along the Normandy Abbeys Route—where more than 100 medieval Benedictine and Augustine abbeys and churches were built along the Seine, OR:
Explore Boucles de la Seine Normande with a Guided Hike of Normandy’s vast regional nature park in a region rich in apple, plum, pear, and cherry orchards.
This afternoon, you may choose a Guided Optional Excursion to the old seaside town of Honfleur.
OVERNIGHT DOCKING IN CAUDEBEC
(B, L, D)
CAUDEBEC. EXCURSION TO NORMANDY
Heroic Bravery on Normandy Beaches and French Farming Traditions
Join a Guided Tour of Normandy’s WWII landing beaches, visit significant U.S. sites, including Canada's Juno Beach and Juno Beach Centre, Omaha Beach, the Pointe du Hoc monument, and the American Cemetery, OR:
Take a full-day Guided Tour of the British and Canadian commemorative sites, including the British cemetery, Pegasus Memorial, the seaside town of Arromanches, the Juno Beach Center, and the Bény-sur-Mer Canadian War Cemetery, OR:
Join “A Taste of Normandy” Guided Tour for an in-depth look at this rich agricultural region. See the famous Bayeux Tapestry, visit the beautiful village of Beuvron en Auge and taste Calvados at a local distillery.
Later, enjoy live entertainment on board your ship.
EVENING CRUISE TO ROUEN
(B, L, D)
The Cathedral of Notre-Dame and a Heroine for France
Join your Adventure Host for a Morning Walk.
Take a Guided Walking Tour of Rouen—home of the martyred Joan of Arc—and see the medieval quarter with its 16th-century Astronomical Clock, and Notre-Dame Cathedral.
Spend free time this afternoon to explore Rouen’s city markets, shops, and bike paths. Enjoy onboard entertainment before setting sail this evening.
EVENING/OVERNIGHT CRUISE TO CONFLANS
(B, L, D)
In the Footsteps of Van Gogh, Bonaparte, and Louis XIV
Join a Guided Visit to Auvers-sur-Oise,home and resting place of Vincent van Gogh, OR:
Take a Guided tour of the opulent Château de Malmaison—home of Napoléon Bonaparte and his wife Josephine.
Perhaps, join a Guided Optional Excursion to the Palace of Versailles—home to a succession of French kings.
EVENING CRUISE TO PARIS
(B, L, D)
Cafés, Cathedrals, and Canvases—The City of Lights Truly Shines
Take a Morning Walk with your Avalon Adventure Host to see Paris at first light.
Take a Guided Walking Tour through the Heart of Paris to see the historic Île St. Louis, Île de la Cité, and Notre-Dame Cathedral, OR:
Join a Guided City Tour, that shows you the iconic sites of Paris, such as the Louvre Museum, the Arc de Triomphe, the Eiffel Tower, Opéra Garnier, and the famous Champs-Élysées.
Stroll through Paris on your own, or linger over wine in a literary café on the Left Bank.
OVERNIGHT DOCKING IN PARIS
Your vacation ends with breakfast this morning.
Always Included on Avalon Waterways' Cruises
Throughout the Ship:
- Complimentary Wi-Fi
- Panoramic windows
- Elegant, contemporary design & decor
- Friendly, English-speaking crew & Cruise Director
- Sky Deck with whirlpool, shade awnings, game area and premium lounges
- Covered Observation Lounge
- Club Lounge with 24-hour self-serve beverage station with complimentary cappuccinos, lattes, tea, hot chocolate & premium coffees, as well as treats throughout the day
Suites & Staterooms:
- Comfort Collection BedsSM with choice of mattress firmness
- Egyptian super-combed cotton linens
- Bathrobes & slippers
- Premium L'Occitane bath products
- Large bathroom featuring shower with glass door
- Flatscreen satellite TV with free movie channels
- Individual climate control and in-room safe
- Complimentary bottled water daily
- And, much more.
Health & Fitness:
- Canoe, kayak and jogging excursions
- Maps for hiking, biking and jogging routes
- Fitness and wellness activities
- All through your Avalon Adventure HostSM
- FlexDiningSM for more venue and seating options, including flexible seating times in our main Dining Room
- Avalon FreshSM healthy cuisine options at every meal
- Complimentary sparkling wine with breakfast; wine, beer, or soft drinks with every lunch and dinner
- Early and Late Riser breakfast options
- Daily full buffet breakfast with made-to-order egg station, hot and cold menu items
- Daily lunch buffet with pasta or carving stations
- Alternative light lunch or Sky Grill on the Sky Deck (weather permitting)
- Daily Afternoon Tea featuring tea, coffee, sweet treats & sandwiches
- Daily four-course a la carte dinner in the main Dining Room with choice of appetizers, soups, salads, entrees and desserts. Includes selections of regional recipes, Western dishes and vegetarian options.
- Alternative Panorama Bistro dinner, featuring regional specialties and small plates
- Captain’s welcome & farewell receptions and dinners with sparkling wine and canapés
- Panorama Lounge featuring premium spirits and Avalon specialty cocktails, along with local entertainment special guests
- Cocktails available on the Sky Deck
- Fresh fruit available throughout the day
Travel Terms & Conditions Include:
The purchase of any travel services offered by Avalon Waterways, constitutes a contractual arrangement between you and Avalon Waterways, and represents your acceptance of the Terms & Conditions. Please ensure that you read carefully and understand the Terms & Conditions prior to booking. These Terms & Conditions cover Deposit & Final Payment information, Air-Inclusive Deposits & Final Payment, Revisions & Revision Fees, Air Arrangements, Participation, Travellers Who Need Special Assistance, Young Travellers, Smoking, Price Policy, Visas and Passports, Hotels & Accommodations, Baggage Allowance, Travel Documents, Not Included in the Land Price, Refunds, Service Inquires After the Vacation, Holidays, Safety, Photos & Pictures, Optional Excursions, and Responsibility.
- Vacation departures, itineraries and prices are subject to change.
- A non-refundable, non-transferable deposit of $250 per person per vacation is required for Avalon Waterways to reserve space for you. View full Terms & Conditions for limited exceptions.
- Charges not included in the land vacation price: airfare to and from the start of your vacation; airline baggage fees including checked and/or excess baggage fees; agricultural tax; other per person taxes imposed by government entities; applicable cruise taxes, fees, fares and port charges; passports; visas and vaccinations; transfers; tips to your Tour or Cruise Director, Local Host, driver, Local Guides, and/or ships' crew; gratuities on ferries, trains, and cruise ships; laundry; telephone; minibar; alcohol, beverages, and food outside of the contracted menu as presented at a hotel or restaurant (these extra items will be billed to you before leaving the hotel, ship, or restaurant); additional excursions and activities not listed as 'included' in the itinerary; porterage at airports or train stations; Travel Insurance premiums; and all other items of a personal nature.
Booking your Vacation with Air
Our volume buying power saves you money. We may be able to provide you with flight arrangements from your gateway city. Avalon Waterways offers 2 air options: Flex Air and Instant Purchase Air. Flex Air allows flexibility if you want to make changes to your vacation schedule. Instant Purchase Air may offer additional airline options but has more restrictions. Some vacations may only offer one Air type option.
Guaranteed air-inclusive prices: air is only available to passengers traveling from the Canada and only available when booked in conjunction with a land vacation. An additional non-refundable air deposit ($300 per person) is required for Flex Air booked in conjunction with any land vacation (i.e. air-inclusive vacation). Air can only be booked by Avalon Waterways in conjunction with a vacation package. Instant Purchase Air requires air payment in full at time of booking (i.e. air-inclusive vacation) plus $50 per person non-refundable service fee. Once booked, Instant Purchase Air is non-refundable, and non-changeable. Some vacations may only offer one Air type option. However, once your airfare is confirmed and Avalon Waterways has received your full air and land deposit, your air-inclusive vacation price is guaranteed.
Air-Inclusive Vacations — Applicable Taxes & Fees
Air inclusive price quotes will include all government-imposed taxes and fees applicable at the time of booking and will be shown as a Total Amount. Additional airline fees for baggage may apply. At the time of booking your air-inclusive vacation online, carrier Websites will be provided to check baggage fees, or you can visit www.iflybags.com for up-to-date baggage pricing/restrictions. The total airfare price, the base airfare price, and the applicable government taxes and fees are broken-out line-by-line and shown while booking online and on the invoice after your travel is booked. For return travel from some countries, international travellers are required to pay entry and/or exit fees at the airport. These fees will be collected by the local government and are payable by the traveller at time of travel. Your confirmation booking information will contain information about these fees.
* The “Starting at” or listed price is based on the lowest price available to book. Price is per person based on twin occupancy and any applicable port charges, non-commissionable taxes and fees and intra-vacation flight are included in the price shown. Any included overnight stay in Canada, applicable GST/HST is also included in the price shown. International airfare, however, is not included. If price is crossed out, the new price shown includes a limited time promotional offer(s). Please review current promotions or deals for additional information.