Pixar Fest Features a New Fireworks Spectacular Plus the Return of ‘Paint the Night’ and ‘Pixar Play Parade’.
Pixar Fest begins April 13, 2018, and is the biggest Pixar celebration ever to come to Disney Parks.
Fans young and old of Disney/Pixar's 'Toy Story', 'Monsters, Inc.', 'Finding Nemo', and 'Cars', will find their Pixar Animation friends come to life in new ways in both Disneyland and Disney California Adventure Parks. Characters and experiences from your favorite films include a new fireworks spectacular, the return of 2 favourite parades with fresh surprises, themed food and beverages, and exclusive event merchandise.
A new fireworks show, “Together Forever – A Pixar Nighttime Spectacular,” will celebrate Pixar stories through the decades as it lights up the sky over Disneyland, connecting guests with characters they’ve come to know and love. Along with dazzling pyrotechnics and memorable music, a heartwarming story begins with the meeting of unlikely Pixar pals and follows their adventures as they overcome obstacles and forge everlasting friendships.
“Together Forever” comes to life through projections on iconic park locations: Sleeping Beauty Castle, the water screens of the Rivers of America, the façade of “it’s a small world” and the buildings of Main Street, U.S.A. The grand tradition of Tinker Bell flying over Sleeping Beauty Castle also gets a Pixar twist, with a special flyover by Buzz Lightyear.
A celebration of friendship this big is only complete with beloved characters like Buzz, Woody and Jessie from “Toy Story,” Mike and Sulley from “Monsters, Inc.,” Nemo and Dory from “Finding Nemo,” and Lightning McQueen and Mater from “Cars.” Those pals – and more – will be part of the fun at Pixar Fest.
All these exciting changes add to the existing attractions and entertainment in the parks that feature many favorite Pixar characters.
- For the first time, “Pixar Play Parade” will make its way through Disneyland Park this spring, and it’s being led by someone new. The parade will begin just as all Pixar films have, with an appearance by Pixar’s iconic lamp from the short film “Luxo Jr.” Other new parade elements will welcome characters from “Up” and “Inside Out.”
- Buzz Lightyear Astro Blasters: In this interactive attraction, guests fire lasers to help battle Evil Emperor Zurg, who is trying to steal the batteries from helpless toys.
- Finding Nemo Submarine Voyage: Guests take a submarine voyage to explore the world of Nemo and his underwater friends.
- “it’s a small world”: Woody, Jessie and Bullseye from “Toy Story” are among the many toys and dolls found in this classic attraction.
- Character encounters with Pixar pals: Guests can continue to meet Merida from “Brave” in Fantasyland and Woody and Jessie from “Toy Story” in Frontierland.
- “Fantasmic!”: Favorite Pixar characters appear in the finale of “Fantasmic!” nightly on the Rivers of America.
At Disney California Adventure
- Also on April 13, the guest-favorite “Paint the Night” parade returns, and this time the parade’s 1.5 million, brilliant LED lights and catchy tunes come to Disney California Adventure. “Paint the Night” features pals from Disney•Pixar’s “Toy Story,” “Monsters, Inc.” and “Cars.” And another beloved Pixar story will join “Paint the Night” later in the year, adding to this guest-favorite experience.
- Cars Land: Guests step into the world of Radiator Springs with three attractions plus themed shopping and dining locations across 12 acres.
- Toy Story Mania!: Guests shrink to the size of toys and take aim at objects to score points in 4D midway-inspired carnival games hosted by the characters from the “Toy Story” films.
- “a bug’s land”: Shrinking to the size of a bug, guests experience this story through family-friendly attractions.
- Monsters, Inc. Mike & Sulley to the Rescue!: Guests take a wild taxi ride through Monstropolis with Mike and Sulley as they search for their lost human friend, Boo.
- Turtle Talk with Crush: Crush, the sea turtle from “Finding Nemo,” interacts with guests in live, real-time, animated conversations.
- “World of Color”: Characters from “Finding Nemo,” “WALL-E,” “Toy Story,” “Up” and “a bug’s life” appear in this nighttime water spectacular which combines animation, music, lights and color with more than 1,200 fountains.
- DJ’s Dance ‘n Drive: Interactive dance party in Cars Land invites guests to move to the music.